Friday, April 29, 2011

A Royal Wake Up

westminster-abbey
The royal wedding was very elegant. I have finished three out of my four finals, I'm so close to summer I can see it, but just far enough that I can't enjoy it. For this year and to celebrate I woke up early and watch a wedding. The only downside is my wake up call was 5:50 am because I'm in America and not London so the time difference hurt a little. 

The wedding was very elegant. What the wedding dress looked like and who designed it was kept very much so quiet until Kate arrived at Westminster Abby and it was reveled that it was in fact designed by Sarah Burton at Alexander McQueen. More important than the dress though, it was nice to see that William and Kate truly love each other.
Just married! HRH Princess Catherine emerges from Westminster Abbey, wearing an Alexander McQueen dress, holding hands with her new husband Prince William

During the ceremony Romans 12 was read as was a prayer that William and Kate wrote together. The Westminster choir sang songs including the National Anthem and songs written specifically for the wedding; I can only imagine how it must have sounded ringing through the church. The wedding was genuinely a sign of hope and excitement for not only one country but a light of what is good to the whole world. 

While it doesn't solve the worlds problems seeing a woman, of my generation, who is loved by her country and does what she can to help those in need is a lovely sigt. Taking part of William and Kate's prayer, I pray we too "In the busyness of each day keep our eyes fixed on what is real and important in life and help us to be generous with our time and love and energy."
Prince William Drives His Bride Out of Buckingham Palace| Royal Wedding, Kate Middleton, Prince William

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Thanks for stopping by and commenting, you truly make my day :)